Help to Buy has helped over 130,000 people achieve their aspiration of buying their own home since it was launched, latest figures reveal.
Since the launch of the Help to Buy: Equity Loan and Mortgage Guarantee schemes:
- 80% of scheme completions have been made by first-time buyers, with more expected following the launch of the government’s Help to Buy: ISA scheme on 1 December
- average house price was £186,000, significantly below the national average
- over 130,000 housing completions through the Help to Buy scheme
- 94% of Help to Buy completions took place outside of London
- almost half of Help to Buy completions have been for new-build homes
Help to Buy was created in 2013 to ensure that working people who were doing the right thing and saving for a deposit could achieve their aspiration of buying their own home through government support. Home ownership is a key part of the government’s long term plan to provide economic security for working people across the UK.