KEY FINDINGS AT A GLANCE
The infographic above gives a quick overview of some of the key findings which include:
- 29 days – Average UK household overall is 29 days from the breadline.
- 14 days – For the majority of working age families (18-64 years old) this drops sharply to 14 days.
- People believed they could survive more than twice as long (77 days on average) compared to the reality of 29 days.
- 35% of people have no savings, so for these people their ‘Deadline to the Breadline’ could be tomorrow.
- Average UK savings is £1,205.
- £381 is the average weekly household expenditure.
- It won’t happen to me! Yet 50% of people know someone who has suffered a serious injury or illness.